Saturday, April 28, 2007

Textiles, Too ...

I used to sew when I was a kid. Rarely did I use patterns - just grab some fabric, cut some shapes and go ... even made a shirt (or was it a dress) that way once. I usually stuck to simple rectangles and the occasional circle - but that's all I needed.

Growing up, I got away from fabrics & sewing. Partly a time thing, partly a fight against domesticity. But now I'm old enough to get over the domestic roadblock and realize that textiles just offer one more road to creativity.

So, stepping back into the sewing world, I just bought some fabric from the new Chocolate Lollipop line by Anna Maria Horner ... planning to turn this into a headboard and add a splash of color to the bedroom.

1 comment:

Kim Carney said...

I want to see it when you are finished! xxoxo