Sunday, April 22, 2007

Coloring Book ...

Coloring Book ... To keep my sanity, I really need to figure out how to do more creative stuff - and not have the "straight job" as an Artfest friend referred to it monopolize my hours. I'm also trying to figure out how to stop the piles of magazines from taking over my house ... enter the coloring book.

First step in the battle of the towering magazine - each night last week, I grabbed a stack of magazines, flipped through page-by-page and ripped out the few photos that caught my eye - mostly focusing on color ideas for future projects. Of course, while it's great to toss the bulk of the magazines, I feared I'd soon have a stack of torn images flitting about the house ...

So, today, while prepping for a stamp class I'm teaching next Thursday, I decided to cover a chipboard journal and make my own coloring book ... or, rather, a book to capture coloring ideas.

Most of the pictures so far are from 'House Beautiful' magazine ... a magazine I did not subscribe to - instead it showed up as a replacement for 'Budget Living' when that pub went *poof* (still can't figure out how someone could think 'House-look what an interior designer purchased for $5000-Beautiful' was a good replacement for 'Budget-I bought this at Target for $35-Living' ... but I digress)

Anyhoo, Voila ... the beginnings of the first few pages ... a bit of creativity and a way to get rid of magazines.

Coloring Book ... Coloring Book ...

Coloring Book ... Coloring Book ...

Coloring Book ... Coloring Book ...

No comments: