Thursday, July 05, 2007

Secrets Revealed ...

When the 'straight job' takes over and there doesn't seem to be enough time (or energy, or brain power, or whatever) to create, I make sure I'm at least reading a good book.

The latest? Totally hooked on 'The Secrets of Rusty Things' by Michael deMeng.

I pre-ordered a copy (sight unseen) after taking a class from Michael at Artfest earlier this year ... so worth the wait!

I've always been a fan of mythology. When I was a kid, and it was time for our class to visit the school library, while the other kids went for the latest on sports or ponies, I went for books on mythology (Greek, Roman, Norse ... whatever I could get my hands on) or books on the Beatles (but that's a different post). So, imagine my joy to get a book full of insight into using found objects to create cool things inspired by various myths and legends. Not to mention the fact that the artist has a great sense of humor and it surfaces in his writing (ah, pop culture references, thank you very much)

It's late, I have work tomorrow ... time to go read more secrets ...

(you can also find 'secrets' on amazon ... but you won't get the extra cool goodies you'll get when ordering from The Artist Nook)

No comments: