Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Art Journal Project Begins ...

Finally got started on Sunday. I have no idea where this is going ... but the challenge is to just trust the process and see what happens.

Of course first step, for me, was choosing something to listen to while creating. I opted for Andre Ethier - a CD I picked up at Waterloo Records in Austin - it was a recommendation by one of the Waterloo employees. When I go into a cool record store, before heading to the counter, I make it a point to ask one of the employees what they're listening too and/or what they would recommend that I probably haven't heard. It's a great way to find the obscure, the local, the independent ... but I digress.

Shadow over Andre ...

Next step was to start working on a 'sign-in' sheet. For this journal project we are each to pick a theme ... ahh, but we're keeping the themes a secret so that each person who receives the journal to create their page(s) will be surprised. To that end, I will say nothing of my theme ... nor will I show full pages ... don't want to spoil the surprise for whoever might get this journal next.

So, with that ... here's where the sign-in page started ...

Page in progress ...

And then ... it made it to here ...

Page in progress ...

Still not sure where it's gonna go next ...

No comments: