Sunday, July 01, 2007

A lot going on ...

I said I was going to create something this week and, since the 'straight job' starts up again tomorrow, I count Sunday as still "this week" ... plus I opted not to do any 'straight job' work today so that this truly was a weekend day. Next challenge - what to create? Sure, I did some paper-crafting card stuff earlier in the week - but I wanted to really create something from scratch.

Last night, I went to see a friend's band play which meant sleeping late today. That, combined with warm weather led to a generally lazy disposition. So, creating anything that required energy was pretty much out of the question.

I received my copy of Teesha Moore's fabulous 'Art & Life' zine a few days ago, so decided to embrace my low energy and nestle into a butterfly chair outside and spend some time with Issue 8. One of the articles was a taken from 32-page handwritten book created by Theo Ellsworth for his students at Artfest 2007. The piece "The Mystery Play Inside You" explored how to meet your inner characters and get on with drawing & creativity.

Perfect.

They say if you want to draw, do it. A lot. I need to force myself to remember that. And, with that, I created a sketch.

Balcony ...

No comments: