Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Artfest 2008!

I'm in! My Artfest 2008 confirmation packet arrived yesterday and it looks like this time it's all about metal ... tin, copper, various bits of wire ...

On Thursday, I'll be taking Who's Your Dada with Linda & Opie O'Brien and on Friday I get to see the O'Briens again for Flat to Stacked. I've been wanting to take one of their classes for awhile and bought their book Metal Craft Discovery Workshop at Artfest earlier this year. So now I get to look forward to not one but two Linda & Opie classes.

Saturday, it's a Necklace Journal class with Tom & Ramona Ashman. (Tom Ashman made a great goat head in Liz McGrath's Mounted Monsters class in 2006 ... same class where I made The Bartender.) Of course, this means packing a drill in my suitcase but, hey, if I can cart around rusty nails and a bowling pin, a drill should be no problem.

Maybe this year I'll actually make something for the Artfest gallery ...

No comments: