Thursday, June 19, 2008

Voodoo In Progress ...

I've slipped behind on the art journal project (late sending the current journal in my posession off to the next artist) but last weekend I made some headway. The theme for this particular journal is Voodoo - so it wasn't so much a lack of ideas as picking a place to start. Once I decided I wanted to create a bit of a shrine within the spread, things started to move.

I started by creating some structure ...




Then it was time to start playing with toys ... I love the Modern Masters paints (learned about them when I took a class from Jane Wynn)




Of course I wasn't about to stop with just one baby doll ...


In between painting the layers and patina on the toys, I worked on altering a laser print photo of Robert Johnson ...


More ideas cooking. More time in the studio needed this weekend.

No comments: