Monday, July 03, 2006

WAH

There are benefits to working at home ...

First, a calendar of nekkid musicians from Austin would never fly in the office (July is Austin Lounge Lizards month).

Second, I can play my music as loud as I want without a knock from the the guy on the other side of the office wall asking me to turn it down (hey, it was a Friday night, what did he expect!?!). Today I have Mojo's Revolver Reloaded on heavy rotation. I think, quite possibly, Chris Eckman's almost spoken word version of "Yellow Submarine" could be my new favorite thing ... or maybe it's Mark Mulcahy with "She Said She Said or Jim Reid with "And Your Bird Can Sing" ... oh so many great things about this collection.

Third, slippers.

I could go on but, suffice to say, when working on a Monday that breaks up what could have been a 4-day weekend, home is the place to be.

No comments: