Monday, July 24, 2006

No Static At All ...

FM. It was an exciting day when I inherited mom's old stereo and could actually listen to FM. Prior to that, it was all about my AM Transistor Radio; listening to KFRC on my walk to school while Dr. Donald D. Rose played current hits on the morning show. This was long before the 'oldies' format of today.

Then came FM the movie and my obsession with 'soundtrack movies' was solidified. Imagine my excitement to find a copy of the the record at Grant's (the local 'someday I'll grow up to be K-mart' store) only to turn back to my radio after discovering the songs were not by the original artists (I fell victim to the 'Studio 78' version. Save the children!)

Why remember this? Thanks to a friend sharing an episode of 'Yacht Rock' with me today ...

No comments: