Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Gettin' Ready to Create ...

I'm off to Artfest tomorrow. Once again, the time between registration in September and my flight to Seattle raced by and I find I'm completely unprepared. I had grand visions of creating something for the gallery, finishing lots of inchies, charms and other goodies to swap, and finding the perfect art elements for my class projects. As it is, I'll be lucky to finish a few keyhole charms for my housemates. After a final run to Home Depot on Sunday, I now have all the tools required ... still have to pack tonight.

As hectic as things have been, so looking forward to 3 days of art classes and no discussion of computers, technologies, strategies, dependencies and all the other joy that comes with the day job. This year, I'll be taking 2 classes with Linda & Opie O'Brien (Who's Your DADA and Flat to Stacked) and a class with The Ashmans (Necklace Journal) ... it's all about metal this year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you lucky grrrl. I so wanted to go. I just did a Google search, wondering if anyone had posted anything yet. I bought my spot in September like everyone else, but had to give it up in the end because my Mom is just too ill to spare me. I sent up seventy-five little gift bags with my card, pearls, moonstones, buttons, and other things. I really wanted to take and had Lynne Perella, Susan Woolridge, and Anahata Katkin. I hope you had a great time. Big Warm hugs, Jacqui. http://jacqui.livejournal.com

celeste said...

don't you just love the o'brien's. I had their class the last day. They are such a great artist couple. It was the perfect last day class for me. The only class that I actually finished a project.