Saturday, January 05, 2008

Catching Up ...Moving Forward ...

I had good intentions of multiple posts about the Oaxaca trip ... tho' was too busy experiencing Oaxaca to post while there and various negative events occupied my brain and energy once I returned so focus was on getting to the holidays and saying good-bye to 2007.

One thing I realized after meeting all the great artists who attended the workshop in Oaxaca - and something that I'm carrying with me into the new year -- is that I'm not the only one workin' a day job. Ok, sure, this may seem obvious to the rest of you - but it was a pleasant reminder to me. It is indeed possible to work and still create. That said, focus for the new year is on making the necessary changes and finding the right balance so I can spend more time and energy in creative environments and creating my own things ... whatever those may be.

So, here's to 2008. On the list, put the final touches on the piece I started in Oaxaca ... just looking for the right word.

No comments: